- There will be more retirements than this year. New engines, new ERS, this simply has to be right - although teams these days really do focus on reliability as well as performance. I just don't think they will have the time to get both right.
- Williams will be back in the high second Division. With the move away from exhaust blowing, the aero guys there will find that they are losing fewer aero points than the top teams.
- Caterham and Marussia will also close the gap to Toro Rosso and co, for the same reason.
- Most races will have only a single stop. Pirelli will take solid rubber to the races because they simply can't have any more bad PR.
- There will be more wet races than this year. We haven't had one yet this year, so I can't be far off on this one.
- Red Bull won't have the dominance they have had in the second half of this year. They will be hurt more than most by the exhaust changes, and maybe Renault.will get the blame for not delivering as good an engine as Mercedes.
- Hamilton will win the Drivers' Championship. Mercedes will do a good job with the engine, and Lewis will outscore Nico.
- Kimi will outscore Fernando. No idea why, I just think Alonso will lose focus, especially if he does sign for McLaren in 2015.
- Hulkenberg will still not get a drive in a Top Four team. Criminal.
- McLaren will score infinitely more wins than they have this year. That is, at least one. They will be back. I'm assuming it will be Jenson, but you never know...
Wednesday, 20 November 2013
Predictions for 2014
There seems little point in making a forecast for the Brazilian GP, other than that an RB7 will win it. So I thought I'd go to print early with some probably disastrous predictions for next year.